cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: INFOBUS August 30th 2018: Getting to know the ReachOut Online Community Team with Gina!

Hi Everyone!

We are now 10mins away from starting this month's infobus with the amazing @gina-RO from ReachOut!

Do you want to know a bit more about Gina, Reachout forums and looking after yourself while supporting others? Tonight is your chance! 

Have a read of Gina's Bio to learn a little bit more about her and the incredible knowledge she brings to her role at Reachout:

"I'm Gina, and I've been at ReachOut since March of this year!
Before I was here, I was working on a program in suicide recovery, where I worked with young people aged 12 and up, as well as adults, who had survived a suicide attempt. I worked with them and their families, helping them to develop their safety plan, and support network leaving hospital. Before that I worked for a few years on a program with people experiencing long term mental illness.
I am currently completing my masters in Social Work, and I hope to have a long career working with people who experience all sorts of hardship. I have my own story, like all of us, that includes experiencing mental ill-health, and chronic illness, and this informs my work.
I am passionate about community, and about seeing people thrive.
I also care a lot about the planet, animals, and good music!"

Did you know we have new Community Guidelines? You can check them out here

Re: INFOBUS August 30th 2018: Getting to know the ReachOut Online Community Team with Gina!

@gina-RO I don't know how I'll be up for this. Might end up reading it later
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

can’t wait !! @gina-RO

Highlighted

It's time to get started! Welcome to @gina-RO and everyone joining us online tonight for the August infobus.

I am very excited to introduce Gina, our Online Community Co-ordinator, who has joined us tonight to share her insights and experiences. Many of you have spoken with Gina and seen her post frequently on the forums- now's your chance to get to know her better Smiley Happy

To kick off, we might start with a light question to get to know Gina! 

1. What do you do for fun?

Hey  @Jess1-RO!! Thank you for the lovely intro! There were some (a lot of) very weird and wonderful questions that came through this week!! 

What do you do for fun?

Fun (one of the RO values!) is something I like to do a lot of! 

I love to dance! I like to have a boog with my friends, and I go to dance classes.  Dancing is a big stress release for me.
I also love watching films at the cinema, and having a good meal - food is very fun! 
I also very much enjoy invigorating conversations - things like book clubs, or philosophical chat, or just a big laugh, make me feel alive! So there's lots of things I do for fun Smiley Happy 

Fun is so important @gina-RO

The community are really interested to learn about your background @gina-RO and how you came to work at ReachOut

1. What were you doing before you were working for ReachOut?

@Jess1-RO  

Well the day before I started at ReachOut, I was returning from Tasmania after completing a 6 day hike along the Overland Track! That was a challenge and a feat Smiley Happy 

But I guess what people are really asking is my professional history.. before this I was at a suicide recovery program, in a social work role - assisting people leaving hospital for a period of 3 months, to rehabilitate and build a safety plan and support network to keep them safe and recover. I met some incredible people in that role. Prior to that, I was working for a few years on a program with people who experience chronic or long term mental ill-health. Likewise in that role, I met amazing people and learnt a lot about the diversity of experiences that people have. Heart 

Hi I enjoy binge watching TV shows, Listening to Music & Reading!