cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

INFOBUS JULY 26th 2018: Getting to know the ReachOut Online Community Team and Peer Support

We are excited to announce that Infobus is back next week!

Join us on Thursday the 26th of July from 7pm-9pm to talk about all things peer support, ReachOut forums, and getting to know the ReachOut team with Jess (me!). 

This month we are going behind the scenes at ReachOut to meet the newest member of the online community team.

I have a professional background in Peer Support, and will be online to talk about all things peer support, the ReachOut forums, and any questions you have to get to know me and the rest of the online community team.

minions hello GIF

This month, we have received requests from the community to get to know the ReachOut team better and those that are responding to posts on the forums. All of the ReachOut team are passionate about improving the mental health of young Australians, and we all bring a wealth of different knowledge and experiences to ReachOut's work. This infobus is your chance to ask questions and get to know a member of our team! 

Submit any questions you have in advance here - it's anonymous! 

Make sure you join us on 26th of July from 7pm-9pm !! High five this post to get updates and a reminder notification before the info bus starts

Re: INFOBUS JULY 26th 2018: Getting to know the ReachOut Online Community Team and Peer Support

cant wait for this! please tag me when its happening!
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Re: INFOBUS JULY 26th 2018: Getting to know the ReachOut Online Community Team and Peer Support

Very good idea @Jess1-RO Smiley Happy

Love this idea! May or may not be able to make it, I'll see how I'm feeling. I'll definitely have a read after though Smiley Happy

@scared01 Not a problem Smiley Happy Let me know if anyone else wants to be tagged 30 mins before starting 

@mrmusic thank you Smiley Happy Look forward to chatting with you all!

@roseisnotaplant if you can't make it, you are also welcome to submit a question and read all about it later in the week Smiley Happy

Two days to go until the infobus! Make sure you get your questions in!

I just wanted to share a small bio so you know a bit about me before Thursday:

My name is Jess and I am the new Online Community Co-ordinator at ReachOut. I have been working in mental health for the last 8 years, and I am dedicated to improving the lives of young Australians. My professional background is as Child and Youth Peer Support Worker in mental health services, a lived experience educator, public speaker and youth advocate. I have worked across many roles in hospital and community mental health settings, sharing my story to support others going through similar experiences and in improving mental health services.

People often ask me what a peer support worker is? To me, it is about being able to share my lived experiences of mental health in a purposeful way that provides hope to other young people that recovery and wellbeing is possible, and support them to take action in their own recovery journey.

Coming onto the forums, I am excited to see the incredible levels of peer support that are offered here. Every day in the forums I see conversations that invite connection, hope, compassion and empathy between young people going through similar experiences, and watch peers encourage each other to take positive steps to improve their health and wellbeing. This is what I am passionate about.

I look forward to talking to you more and answering questions you have.

Remember to submit your questions here!

Can't wait to get started Smiley Happy

happy joy GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

@Bee @lokifish @N1ghtW1ng @ErinsAntics @JanaG 

Awesome idea this will be great! Smiley Happy @Jess1-RO

Thanks @May_Look forward to speaking to you tomorrow evening! If you have any questions you want to submit, make sure to send them through Smiley Happy

Hello everyone Heart

Just a reminder that the infobus will be starting in 30 mins! 

We are also very excited to announce that @Amirah-RO will be joining us to facilitate the discussion tonight!happy the office GIF

Before we start, please make sure you are familiar with our community guidelines.

Speak to you very soon!

@scared01@May_@mrmusic@roseisnotaplant@lokifish@N1ghtW1ng@letitgo

YAY @Jess1-RO @Amirah-RO! You better answer all the questions I spammed you with through the Google link hehehe Smiley Tongue

(also your GIF choices are totally on-point and I love it!)