cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: INFOBUS JULY 26th 2018: Getting to know the ReachOut Online Community Team and Peer Support

We have just under 30 mins, I'm sure everyone would love to learn a little more about you @Jess1-RO Smiley Happy

Do you have any pets?

Re: INFOBUS JULY 26th 2018: Getting to know the ReachOut Online Community Team and Peer Support

@Amirah-ROI actually have an assignment I have to do about either implementing a new program in a community service or improving a service. I'm torn between whether I should choose the YA program or Mod program but either way I will be doing something to do with RO!

I am so excited about the mod workshop and it's not for ages Smiley Happy will be good to brain storm ideas with you guys. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whatever it takes I know I can make it through!

Yessss we need to know more things @Jess1-RO

I have two family pets. I have a dog called Oscar. He’s a beautiful black and brown kelpie with lots of energy and love. He is a very clever dog and very in tune with distress, so he can tell if someone is sad or very stressed, and he will come and sit with you until he hears your heart rate go down. Absolutely incredible to experience! He also loves squeaky toys but breaks them way too quick

Did you know we have new Community Guidelines? You can check them out here

@lokifish An integral part of mod training no doubt! Smiley Very Happy And I keep hearing something about glitter?? We can talk about that another time, i might need some instructions Smiley Very Happy

I also have a bunny rabbit called Buddy. He is a dwarf rabbit with really fluffy with white fur and grey ears. A few years ago we gave him a big PVC pipe (usually used for stormwater) so he could use it as a burrow, and he loves it! We often find him asleep inside or sitting on top of it.

@Amirah-RO HAHAHAH YES THE GLITTER

This is a 100% real video taken from last year's workshop

That's adorable @Jess1-RO Smiley Happy

Any tips for those wanting to work in mental health? And What advice would you give your younger self?

@Jess1-RO Oscar and Buddy sound gorgeous! I love how you've managed to recycle the pipe - it's amazing how animals are so content with what seems like so little to us Heart

Any tips for those wanting to work in mental health?

Compassion and understanding are two of the best gifts you can have. If you remember that every person you are working with is the expert in their own experience, and you listen empathetically with kindness and compassion, you can make a big difference. 

All of which I see everyday here Heart