cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: INFOBUS JULY 26th 2018: Getting to know the ReachOut Online Community Team and Peer Support

The stickers are great @lokifish

Things you may not know about me/weird quirks...

I have a coin collection I started as a child. I have all sorts of coins from round 50c coins and one of every unique 20c, 50c and 1 dollar coins made since 2000.

Re: INFOBUS JULY 26th 2018: Getting to know the ReachOut Online Community Team and Peer Support

Lived experience is so valuable and important!

I think having lived experience gives you that extra layer of empathy that you don't have otherwise. Obviously you can still empathise even if you haven't experienced something, but it can really help you connect to others if you have Heart

Also other fun facts:

I enjoy playing video games. I have just discovered Ark: Survival Evolved and play wayyy too much of it, but really enjoy it.

I didn’t finish high school, but gained entry to uni through bridging courses offered by the uni

@Amirah-RO great question! What makes peer support so amazing is that it comes from shared experience. That moment of "yeah i totally get where you are coming from" creates such a powerful platform for support

well said @lokifish i agree with you there re expereince and empathy
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

@Jess1-RO so you're living proof that you don't have to finish year 12 to be totally amazing and awesome! Smiley Surprised Smiley Very Happy

@Bee@lokifish and @scared01 So great to hear so many other people seeing the value of peer support! Some of the most valuable conversations I have had in my recovery have been from people who get what I was going through and could offer support and knowledge from living that experience

@Jess1-RO OMG Soo awesome! My mum collects coins and I try to hide the unique ones from her hahaha

Join us from Monday 14th in our SLOW-MO GR about New Year Goals & Resolutions
Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

@Jess1-RO @Bee coin collecting is so underrated! I'd love to get into it. Are there any unique ones that you particularly love?

@Jess1-RO although im sorry you have experienced mental health, your story of helping others, and getting through is rather inspiring. it is so great having you here Heart
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Totally! That shared experience is irreplaceable. @lokifish you put it very well. It is like an extra layer of empathy, and an invisible one that only others who've had similar experiences can see/share Heart 

Ok, next question!

What was your first role in the mental health field? What was it like starting out?