cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: INFOBUS September 27th 2018: Getting to know the ReachOut Online Community Team with Amirah

@Bee woah! Q's on fire tonight!

My 3 tips to succeed would be

1. Self-care, nothing is more important, especially in this field.

2. Always be willing to learn. 

3. Check your intentions, and do it regularly. (Happy to expand on this one if it's not clear? )

Re: INFOBUS September 27th 2018: Getting to know the ReachOut Online Community Team with Amirah

haha You're doing a fabulous job @Amirah-RO !!!!!

WOuld you be able to expand more on checking your intentions? I'm keen to learn more about what you mean Smiley Happy

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Where's your happy place? Bali! Haha or anywhere outdoors. Nature is the best healer Smiley Happy

What's your favourite thing to do on weekends? Go out for brunch, dance, and visit my family!

What goals do you have for the next 5 years? I have been considering doing my masters in SW. I'd also love to do research in how certain external pressures forms and shapes our identity and sense of self.

@Amirah-RO

speaking of Self care..
How often do you engage in self care activities and what are your favourite ones to do?
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

That sounds like it would be a great topic to research @Amirah-RO!

Did you know we have new Community Guidelines? You can check them out here

Great questions @scared01Smiley Happy

Did you know we have new Community Guidelines? You can check them out here

i agree! nature is amazing. i find going for a walk in the botanical gardens or just sitting and watching the waves to be so refreshing and healing too.

i love the sound of your goals, what an interesting research project that would make too!
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

WOW @Amirah-RO So impressed right now!!!
Sounds like you've still got lots of things you'd loke to accomplish around mental health Smiley Happy
Looking forward to hearing your answer to @scared01's question about self-care

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Thanks @Bee Smiley Very Happy 

My pleasure Smiley Happy People join this industry for all sorts out reasons. Some, because they want to make a positive difference in someone's life. While it's noble, it can also set you up to fail. When you rely too heavily of the outcome of your effort, for example,  someone working through an addiction, sometimes it can take years for that behaviour to shift. It's important to not tie "success" to the outcome you're hoping that person will achieve. And rather see them for where they are and journey with them. So I feel it's an important question for every person in the field to ask themselves, otherwise job dissatisfaction and burnout may start to present. 

@Amirah-RO that’s such a great response to Bee and I really agree with it (even though im not in that career or even near uni ahaha)