cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: INFOBUS RETURNS! 24th May -All things job hunting and employment [Special Guest]

My night is meh, I'm still waiting on a prac placement and it's not happening very fast! I have 3 weeks left (if I get a placement by tomorrow) to complete 70 hours so the anxiety is very real. 

My question is: if you have a mental illness should you declare it during a job interview? Or do you want until you get the job and then declare it?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whatever it takes I know I can make it through!

Re: INFOBUS RETURNS! 24th May -All things job hunting and employment [Special Guest]

Hi @SamK1008 I'm well and you? Smiley Happy

Nice question to start @gina Smiley Happy

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

good first q
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

feel free to jump in @LeoTheLion!

Hi everyone! Smiley Happy I’ll be coming and going.

Highlighted

@SamK1008I use job websites like Seek and Indeed to look for jobs. But I'm wondering if they are still a reliable resource to use when looking for jobs or is it just not worth the effort when you know you will be against hundreds and at time thousands of other applicants? 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ErinsAntics I also use Seek & Indeed. I also see jobs posted on Gumtree in my area, and Adzuna.
Otherwise I good my area and jobs Smiley Happy

sometimes if the places are small businesses and not franchises its better to go instore
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

that's a good point @j95 !
I know a few places around me have said they want applicants to hand in their resumes and cover letters in store!

There are some local job searchers Facebooks that I have used in the past as well but they've never led anywhere.

I will also go on actual organisations websites and look at their employment pages.