cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [INFOBUS] Sex & relationships

Hey guys....

Talking about sex and sexual health can sometimes be hard to do. Does communicating with technology make this easier? Why might that be?

Thats true dreamer95, but I guess you run risks when you meet in person as well.

I deleted my facebook for about a year, I'm back on it now but I didn't have it at all the year before last cause some people don't know how to keep their comments to themselves and I decided even though its only a few people saying stupid stuff, what was the point? 

And yeah you can keep private details private but people can still find you unfortunately. When I was under 18 I had to have my social media accounts under a different name for privacy but people who I didn't want to find me, still found me. 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

I think talking about sex and sexual health etc can be easier online because you don't necessarily have someone watching you or anything similar. Theres a feeling of safety online.

Yeah @j95 its also pretty scary how big companies like Facebook own a lot of your information and images once uploaded

I've definitely seen how communicating with technology (anonymously) can help with talking about things that have stigma or are awkward!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Talking about sex and sexual health can sometimes be hard to do. Does communicating with technology make this easier? Why might that be?

It does make it easier, I think part of this is because you can share what you know or ask questions without people judging you. There are also so many ways to do communicate it through technology, sometimes you might not even realize the information is being fed to you, which for an important subject is a good thing. 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

I have been through similar things @j95, and know people who have as well. Cyberbullying is one of the biggest risks online I think, and its such as shame. People think they can hide behind the internet, and with abuse it should not be aloud.

j95 - lots of people I know have facebook breaks! I think it can help sometimes!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Highlighted

Very true Fox ring, i met one person one time but i had 6 people with me because i worry a lot about everything, and it's really true about the risks, people take their own risk every time they meet someone.

Google is a great part of technology that can be used or the health apps also on my smart phone, you can read a lot but if you don't understand always see a professional