cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [INFOBUS] Sex & relationships

I wasn't talking about google doctor, i mean't not just about one topic, it can help with anything and as i said always go to a professional, Myself i wouldn't listen to it or even use it if i was that nervous about certain things, but i know there are a lot of people that will, google is just a good way to see what people have talked about their encounters but also about personal stories, which i think would help a lot for some people, technology can be great but at the same time be a burden.

Hey @CeeGee - thanks for joining us! Definitely agree about anonymity being a great thing about being online - for finding info, asking questions etc

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

I definitely agree, I just think that using the internet always has risks, because anyone can post things online these days, so its important to look offline as well is all Smiley Happy

@rose1234 not many members of my family who i have contact with have facebook or other social media, I follow my little brother on instagram but thats it... (I wish I could use it as a dobbing tool but he's pretty boring and theres nobody to dob to) but I know my friends have had their family members like siblings on Facebook and found out of heaps of stuff, gotten there brothers and sisters in trouble for it haha 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

j95, I like dobbing when they are still online when its past their bed time Smiley Tongue

I think if you're having a relationship online you should set yourself boundaries as you know yourself and what you would think would be good for you, I think keep personal things personal until you and only you feel comfortable to share, pictures are the big thing because you can't always be sure that no one else will find them or even get uploaded to the wrong things, i don't trust people with images, but i know people do so my thing would be boundaries.

I think there are always risks, if you don't have a healthy relationship with that person offline but making sure you don't put up photos that could be held against you or give information like your mobile number are great steps

I totally know what you mean about health into online dreamer95! There is lots of reputable health info and apps online that can can be a great help to explain things in different ways

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

How do you know what is a safe relationship online? What steps can you take in order to keep yourself safe when interacting with other people online? What things could you do to ensure you feel respected and that your personal information/images were being protected?

Making your profile super private if you feel the need to. This could be something like using your last initial instead of your last name, I know somebody who has their last name first and their first name last so he can't be found. 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

So what does everyone think about how you know if your online relationship is safe? How do you stay safe?