cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [INFOBUS] The rainbow: sexuality & gender diversity!

Yay _sagira_ thanks for coming along!

Loving everyone's definitions & that we all seem to have thought about these concepts a lot and able to describe them on our own terms... cos they're important!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

thanks bluebird am happy to be here!

hey all Smiley Happy

Question to the infobus community tonight - Does anyone on here often get confused about sex/gender and sexuality? What helped you to distinguish the three? It can be hard to get your head around at first! Especially if it's something you haven't really thought about.

I found youtube videos were really helpful. And also speaking to someone who was confused about their gender.

lanejane

twenty10 we try our best to let people define their own bodies and sexuality and amazing to hear folks here have such great language

yayyyy @motorhead Woman Tongue

lanejane

I found a (in my opinion) a great resource booklet by Gender Queer Australia explaining the difference. Let me see if I can go and find the link for it.

I admit I first really looked into it when a close friend got involved in the LGBT+ community and so I had a good look around the interwebs.
I've found there are some really good resources for understanding gender and sexuality diverse people on tumblr and youtube especially

Hey @forwardthinking, great to have you... totally - sex is very biomedical and traditionally very 'binary' - IE only 2 options.. though the reality is that it's more complex than that. Here;s some info 'intersex' - http://oii.org.au/18106/what-is-intersex/

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Highlighted

hey @bluebird! good to see you!!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com