cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Infobus on June 7th - Young Carers

Hey Everyone! I am super looking forward to this chat, not just as a Mod but also as a Young Carer rep Smiley Happy Can't wait to hear what you all have to say!

im a young carer myself @SmileMonkey Smiley Happy

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Well I was a young carer too, except I didn't know that until I was a little older and realised that not everybody did what I did!
Highlighted

What is a young carer?

A young carer is a young person who looks after somebody else, paid or unpaid
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

What is a young carer?

i think being a young carer is someone under the age of 25 who is looking after someone with a disability whether it be physical or mentally

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

me too @Daniel-Carers
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Same here @Daniel-Carers. I didn't realise I was a young carer until I was much older. This is very common for young carers not to identify as a young carer. 

What is a young carer?

A young person taking care of somebody else that has a disability and can't take care of themselves.

A young carer to me is someone aged up to 25 who provides unpaid care for a family member or friend that has a disability, illness, mental health, alcohol or drug or are frail. They may not provide constant care or are the primary carer, but they provide some level of assistance for the person they care for.

Thats a good point, everybodies caring situation is different. You might care for a parent, grandparent,sibling or friend. In some cases it might even be more than one person.