Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Infobus on June 7th - Young Carers

Next up...

What is life like as a young carer?

Highlighted

Thanks for the tag @Ben-RO. Sorry I'm late Smiley Tongue I know nothing about this topic, so I'm keen to listen Smiley Very Happy

What is it like being a young carer?

For me unfortunatley although i do like being a carer and doing my job it restricts me from having a 'normal' life

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

If you're not a young carer, you could answer this question by talking about how your life might be different to someone who is a carer. 

I imagine difficult and isolating but it's something that we don't hear experiences about often so people who aren't carers don't really understand.

@scared01 What would a 'normal life' look like for you?

Life as a young carer can be difficult, you may miss out on experiences due to your caring responsibilities, it can be difficult to balance our responsibilities. However it is also really rewarding, and in many cases life doesn't seem any different as it has always been something that you have lived with and adapted with. Caring for someone has its challenges and it has its rewards. 

Good question - Life as a young carer for me was what I thought everybody did. For example after school I would go home and help with caring for my grandparents this could mean with lifting wheelchairs around the house, medications, cleaning and cooking etc. But I thought everybody did this! It wasn't until I started hanging out with other friends that I realised I was a little different. In saything this though, I wouldnt change a thing.

- Busy, sometimes I feel like all I have done that day is run around and do jobs for somebody else
- It is rewarding when I teach my brother something and he gets it and learns
- Can be really exhausting
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

To answer your question @Ben-RO I guess I would have more freedom and less responsibility than someone who was a young carer (although I really have no idea Smiley Tongue).