cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: LIVE CHAT Wed 13th 7PM- Australia's First People

Thanks for coming along @Bree-RO @Esperanza67 and @Ben-RO Smiley Happy And thanks @j95 for running the chat. This is going to be a fantastic chat. Smiley Very Happy All the responses so far are excellent. It's interesting discovering new things.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Highlighted

Do you know much about Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture? Can you share something you already know?

Hmm, a little. Not enough. Only what we learned in school or what I've heard about at events and stuff.

Wow great answers - i can see that some people are already mentioning the land they live on, thats awesome and we'll get to more of that soon.
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

I have never heard of Edor @N1ghtW1ng

Do you feel that in your local community Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture is widely celebrated? If yes what do you see? If no, what do you think is missing or you'd like to see more of?

In my physical education unit @j95 we went over some indigenous games (there's actually a huge document with so many games). Edor is where there's two teams and the "edor" tries to get through their goal. BUT when someone tags the Edor, they become the new Edor.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Thanks for coming @roseisnotaplant! It's interesting how little we learn in school, or that we don't learn it often enough.

That's right @N1ghtW1ng I feel like they only taught us the bare minimum about this in school

Do you feel that in your local community Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture is widely celebrated? If yes what do you see? If no, what do you think is missing or you'd like to see more of?

I think it's acknowledged a lot more, like whenever someone makes a speech in my area they'll mention the traditional owners. I also see a lot of flags around too. So I think it's visible, but maybe not as celebrated or learned about as it could be.

Are you referring to a Welcome to Country @roseisnotaplant?