cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: MHCNSW Consultation: tell us how it is

Wow, you guys are all providing so much invaluable insight, thanks so much... we are on the home stretch now....

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

don't apologise KE, it;s AWESOME!!!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Yes I do. Because i don't want to bother people, i dont want to annoy people and i don't want to be "that" daughter that is messed up in the head. So i just push it all away and pretend im fine so  no one asks

KE

Imagine there were no issues like money, waiting lists, distance or access to technology. If you were going to seek help or support for something, what would you want that process to be like in an ideal world?

- easier access to psychologists. I can only afford so many sessions after medicare rebates because they can be expensive

- more support for 18- 25/30? 

- more youth wards along the north coast of nsw. 

- people understanding you and not thinking you're crazy or selfish. 

- halfway houses between hospital and the real world to help get back in to society a bit easier. It was hard being in hospital for so long and then being expected to function automatically. It's a huge change from being so safe to so many past triggers all at once. 

- More staffing in community teams. 

Highlighted

Sorry guys, I am going to pop off early. The library is closing. Thanks for the discussion. Have a goodnight.

Oliverose: I think a lot of people feel that pressure too yr not alone in that. Perhaps it comes back to the stigma of mental illness and lack of awareness. We wouldn't feel the need to hide a physical injury! Glad you have some people in your life you can talk to properly..

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Thanks Doris!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

No worries @Doris thanks for joining!

Well that just about wraps it up for tonight... does anyone have any final comments??

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

i guess a way that i really deal with my problems and everything that goes on in my life is dancing. because it allows you to express your emotions and be seen from a different perspective. Its great because you really have to conv=centrate and it really takes your mind off the things that are going on in your life