cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [SPECIAL GUEST] Consent

Hey everyone! Very interesting topic tonight, looking forward to it

Ok so consent to me and well everyone is a pretty big deal. If it is not a straight out yes, then it is a no-go. A no or maybe does not mean 'convince me'. It means no! Whether it be for hugging, touching, kissing or more, if they don't say you can, then you can't.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

What does consent mean to you?

Consent means that all people involved are totally into whatever they're doing together (not just sort of but not really), without anyone being pressured or coerced in any way to do it. 

Consent to me is permission-giving. Saying to another person 'yes, I'm keen for that aswell', whether that's through words of actions/behaviour. 

Consent is not permanent, it's not fixed. It's fluid - it can change at any time. 

To me, consent is a really sexy part of sex! It's really great when someone enthusiastically wants to have sex with you, so... consent is awesome!  

A great way I've heard it described is it's not the absence of a no, but the presence of an enthusiastic yes Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Consent is to me an informed and definite "yes". 

So you know what you're saying yes to and you're being very clear that you are indeed saying yes, if there's some kind of doubt, then you're not giving consent. 

Pretty straight forward really.

Consent is pretty much saying yes or no and it has to be definite, if it's not definite to me it's a no.  I relate it mainly to sex as I've been taught about it before and it is pretty much giving someone permission or not.  Consent is a part of the law and if something is done while consent is not given there are offences that go with that.

In a sentence I'd say it's an agreement or permission to do something whether that be go out with mates, or go on a school camp, it can be anything.

Consent is both parties being aware and definitely comfortable about what they are doing together and that has been expressed with a clear yes. 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Consent to me is a big part of respectful relationships. It’s about clear and enthusiastic ‘yes’es without any sort of coercion. I also think that it’s completely okay for someone to change their mind at any time, even if they had initially said yes.

Being able to talk about consent (and gaining a clearer idea of what it is) is a really important conversation to have given that it is a tricky topic!

Can you guys seem my post?