cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [SPECIAL GUEST] Consent

Totally, @Chessca_H I love that idea of 'enthusiastic' yes!

I think that is what most people forget @Giv-SexEducator. That just because someone said yes the first time, it doesn't mean that they want to the second time round.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

What does consent mean to you?

For me consent is about feeling comfortable in the situation you are in, and being able to express when you are not comfortable with something that is about to occur- and then to have that choice respected.

Yep! You have 6 high fives!

Sure can @FootyFan26 and it was really insightful! Smiley Happy
|| Life runs in cycles, the wheel never stops turning, no matter how dark the night morning comes, no matter how cold the winter, spring comes. When you feel despair know that the wheel is turning, joy will come. ||

Exactly, @stonepixie - even if you've had sex before, it doesn't mean you will have sex EVERY time. 

even if you're in a relationship, it doesn't mean sex is 'on tap' or you are entitled to anything.

consent is important regardless of your relationship to the person or your history with them!

Cheers, it came up with an error but it still sent! Smiley Happy
Highlighted

@Giv-SexEducator Me too! Frames it in a way that makes no room to excuse coercion or other shady behaviour

It sounds like everyone here is in pretty much agreement that consent is:

- really important,

- that it is specific to that time and place (meaning, like a few people have said, if you've had sex with the person before it doesn't mean you will again)

- Isn't just the absence of 'no', but an enthusiastic 'yes'!

- can be taken away

- can be sexy! 

Nice i think it's pretty awesome that we all seem to know and understand this concept pretty well already! (starts making questions harder) 

Here's our first anonymous question and Giverný’s awesome answer.