cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SPECIAL GUEST] Dealing with feelings

Everybody experiences intense feelings from time to time.

Sometimes those feelings can be so overwhelming that they can get in the way of building friendships, solving problems or telling people about what we need in a way that they can understand. 

It can be pretty hard to deal with big feels. 

Have you ever felt like this and want to understand more about what you can do about it?

Do you know someone who does and want to know more about how you can help? 

Tuesday's session will be about finding ways to deal with the feels and beginning to learn about ways to solve some of the problems that big feels might cause for us at times.    

Joining us will be very special guest @Alikki !!!!                                                                                                                                  original (7).jpg

Here's a little something Alikki wrote to introduce herself Smiley Happy

"I am a psychologist in private practice in Newcastle NSW. I provide assessment and treatment for a range of mental health and disability conditions such as depression, anxiety, trauma and dissociation. I enjoy spending time with family, friends and my dogs and love going to the beach".

As always we'll open up an annonymous question form so you can ask Alikki some questions.

If you have a question about your feelings, have problems talking to people because big feelings get in the way, or want to know more about how to support someone who might be going through this.

Click Here to ask a question! 

Join us on Tuesday the 24th of November at 9pm to chat to Alikki live! 

Re: [SPECIAL GUEST] Dealing with feelings

Good evening everybody! 

Tonight we're talking about intense emotions, understanding where they might come from and exploring some options for dealing with them. We have @Alikki with us to share her formidable knowledge and support.

You're welcome to sit back and watch the conversation unfold, or you can jump in and talk to us too! Even if you just want to read, send us a quick post to say hi! 

Helping out with the conversation will be @Shant2@stonepixieand myself Smiley Happy 

If at any stage you feel overwhelmed or upset by anything that happens in the discussion, it's totally okay to talk to someone about it!  

If you need some 1 on 1 support; KHL are there to talk and are just a click or a call away !  (webchat or 1800 55 1800). 

As always, please take note of the guidelines that help everyone feel safe & supported here: stay anonymous; no linking to other campaigns without permission and no descriptions of self-harm, suicide or abuse that might be triggering to others. 

Before we have a look at some of the questions you have already asked @Alikki i thought I'd ask YOU a question, here goes:

Are big feelings okay sometimes? When might they be okay, when might they not be okay?

Hiiiiiii
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

Heyyyyyyy @redhead Smiley Happy Welcome.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Hi @redhead @stonepixie @Ben-RO!

Looking forward to this conversation Smiley Happy 

Hi everyone, great to be here! 

Are big feelings okay sometimes? When might they be okay, when might they not be okay?

Good question. I don't know about this. For me big feelings tend to make me unsafe. They are a natural response but I don't know how to handle them.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

Hi! 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

I would say that YES, big feelings are okay at times. When they start to impact on our lives with impulsive behaviour, they last forever and you can't seem to shake it.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ