Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [SPECIAL GUEST] Dealing with feelings

@redhead !!!!!!

tumblr_ma5wpmeUDw1rw5pe0.gif

Hello Smiley Happy

To clarify feelings not unsafe is what is hard to handle. Bad wording sorry and I'm on my phone so I can't edit
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

Hey @j95 ! Back for another night, I see. Smiley Tongue

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Are big feelings okay sometimes? When might they be okay, when might they not be okay?

Big feelings are okay and natural but the most important thing is how you handle them and whether or not they are affecting your life on a daily basis. 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Are big feelings okay sometimes? When might they be okay, when might they not be okay?

I think big feelings are okay sometimes. I think some intense things can happen in life and intense emotions are a natural response! I think they might not be so okay if they lead to situations where you might not feel safe, or if they intefere with things you want to do or relationships and friendships you might want to have. 

haha yeah i'm pretty sure I've only missed like one of these chats in the whole time I've been on RO haha @stonepixie
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

It can be hard to know how to handle them, especially when they hit us hard and fast, it can feel like we are unsafe. There are lots of skills and strategies we can use to manage this though, hopefully we can go through some tonight!

It would seem like we are all pretty much in agreement, they're natural but it's the impact that can be the bit that's not okay! We can explore some strategies a bit later about dealing with the impact! 

Hi @j95! Welcome! 

I agree with you @Ben-RO. Big feelings are often natural and inevitable. They move towards not being okay when it leads to uncomfortable feelings or behaviours. 

I always seem to miss them @j95 Hahaha

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ