cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [SPECIAL GUEST] Family Dramas

Effects of DV are not alway obvious. The best way to tell if someone is affected, if it's a friend you're concerned about, is to ask them in a non confrontational, non aggressive way and be there as someone they can talk to for support 

Who can we reach out to if we experience family violence?
I don't really know much about thisb one but if your in immediate danger there is always the police
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

Anyone who can provide a willing ear, and that could potentially extend to getting support services and information on how to cope and/or leave the situation. Extended family, friends, teachers, GPs, or perhaps seeing a counsellor or psych. Plus there are services that deal with family violence that you could also contact

Reach out to a trusted friend or family member, a school teacher, the police, then there is RESPECT.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

DV can definitely be hidden really well and I know that from experience or people notice things but keep it to themselves because they don't know what to do.

Teachers
Other trusted family members
Professional services
GP
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//
Highlighted

tthere are some great services that are easily accisible for young people who are experiencing family violence or even if you are concerend about someone who is experiencing FV

Men's Line 1300 78 99 78 is for men who have family and relationhip concerns

Safe Steps is a Family Violence Response Centre 1800 015 188

Kids Help Line is great for issues around family violence among other problems young people face.. it's for people aged 5 - 25 years old 1800 55 1800 

So many resources and ppl to chat to from a trusted friend, to family member, teacher/ student counsellor and wellbeing person

...and heaps of support online and via phone these days form kids helpline to headspace to name a few

Headspace are also a great resource for people up to 25 years old.

www.headspace.org.au

At SECASA here we support survivors of family violence too