cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [SPECIAL GUEST] Family Dramas

@redhead that could be a really useful reference point!

also putting yourself in the other persons shoes... think about how what you're saying/doing/implying may be affecting them 

How do you make sure that the way you are acting towards other people makes them feel safe?

Keeping on eye on their body language, if it is not open body language and they are closed off it probably means the person doesn't feel safe or comfortable. And always remember before you say something or do something that could hurt someone, how would I feel if someone did that to me?
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

@redhead me too! Do unto others as you  would have done to yourself, mostly works!

@Carp you have raised a really important thing, with sexual consent. I tend to like to think of it how they have described it in this video. Especially when people struggle with the concept.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@j95 I like the body language reading stuff, you can almost tell what someone is thinking if you get good enough at noticing the signs their body language is showing.

Yep i work with heaps of young peeps who forget that and stop thinking about the other persons feelings. Then before they know it they're done something they cant take back

Hmm so I'm hearing that we're big on thinking about doing unto others as we would have done to us. And also reading body language, before we move on to the next Q, i thought we'd post up another anonymous question and answer Smiley Happy 

Are the effects of DV always obvious and how can we tell if others are affected?
Sometimes DV is obvious but sometimes it is kept very secret. One student i remember was really studious and a top student and we thought everything was fine home but found out he was locking himself in his room to study because mum and dad were fighting all the time.

Which brings us to our next question, which is about how to stay safe and what to do if we need help!

Who can we reach out to if we experience family violence?