cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [SPECIAL GUEST] Gender

Some common challenges include ignorance and misunderstanding of gender diversity is widespread so dealing with people who don’t’ get it can be frustrating and draining. BUT there’s also heaps of people who do get it so find them and spend time with people who understand you and your gender. Be informed and equip yourself with info resources that will help you when you need it.

or outside of the two extremes @Ben-RO Smiley Happy ie agender (not having a gender)

Hmm I think I understand @Ben-RO this stuff is really confusing for me
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

It's definitely a lot to wrap your mind around that's for sure @j95

Talking to other people about their experiences is definitely a great way to learn more as @Dani FC mentioned

It is confusing @j95 - even to those of us whose experiences are non-binary. Just starting to get to know different perspectives and definitions is super amazing Smiley Happy
Highlighted

What are some of the challenges a person might face if they are exploring/questioning their gender identity?

There's so many! I guess a lot of people will perhaps not even have words or understanding to describe how they feel and the people around them also might not know that there's a lot more possible than just the Binary that a lot of people think is everything you need to know about Gender.

I think for some people there can also be some pretty strong feelings of being unhappy with your body and dealing with that might be heaps distressing, especially if the people around you don't understand either. 

This is another video that is pretty useful for explaining the basics Smiley Happy 

A guess one challenge would be not being happy with yourself
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Definitely @j95 although some of us would also say it's more about not being happy with how others see us too/instead

So next question: 

What is involved in transitioning from one gender to another? Do all transgender people take hormones and/or have surgery?

There is no one (or two) way/s to transition and not all trans and gender diverse people take hormones or have surgeries to affirm their gender. Some people just take social measures like expression, name or pronoun changes. Some poeple just have hormones. Some people just have surgeries.

What do you all think? do you have any qus form that?

Super valid point @j95 ! I speak from experience when I say it's not a great headspace to be in when you are not happy with your gender, expression and how people see you etc