cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [SPECIAL GUEST] Gender

Okay! One more question before we share our anonymous questions and the amazing answers @Dani FC wrote (seriously can't wait to show you!)

What can you do to support someone else who might be questioning their gender or transitioning?

Good qu @Ben-RO - I agree with @Rainbow Lane and also having name and pronoun stickers in some group situations can be helpful Smiley Happy

What can you do to support someone else who might be questioning their gender or transitioning? Offer your support and affirmation. Use the correct pronouns and name and apologise when/if you slip up. Be informed and read up on ways you can be an ally and knowledgeable about the needs of trans people.  http://everydayfeminism.com/2013/01/trans-etiquette-101/ and the rest of the resources that I"ll post at the end /below are good places to start.

I would say the best form of support is listening and actually hearing what someone is saying. So if someone said "I want to use this pronoun, this name" actually doing that

What can you do to support someone else who might be questioning their gender or transitioning?

Keen to hear other answers on this one but I guess being respectful of their choices, not arguing against how they feel or see themselves, and respecting pronouns if they change them. Also trying to improve your own knowledge about gender, and realising that not everyone experiences it the same way or has the same ideas about transitioning, or is comfortable discussing it in the same way.

____________________#iftoastershadfeelings____________________

@Dani FC asked me to share this one for y'all tooo

YES @Bay52VU to everything you said!
Highlighted

Damn that's a swell answer @Bay52VU

Some other placeswe can we learn more about gender diversity(including some I've already posted) are: 

Reachout’s gender diversity info is pretty handy:

Other resources I think are useful include

Yeah that's a really good answer @Bay52VU