cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [SPECIAL GUEST] Self injury: riding the wave of distressed emotions

What is RSI? Too lazy to google. Smiley Tongue

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@stonepixie@P85C I think whether or not isolation is self-harm depends on the motivation for it. I agree that isolating due to depression and lack of energy isn't really self-harm, but when it is a case of "I don't deserve it" I think that fits under that category. 

Everyone please ignore my spelling tonight's not my night for it

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//
Highlighted

Good point @j95 ... sometimes you need to build up a relationship and trust with a psychologist before you're comfortable enough to share.

lanejane

@j95 so sometimes it takes time! Is there ways that you would tell people to take to get to a place where you can talk faster?

RSI stands for 
Repetitive Strain Injury

@stonepixie

Smiley Happy

Repetitive Stress Injury. Basically, doing the same movement over and over (eg. typing) for extended periods of time causes the muscles to weaken and become painful whenever that movement is done. You can usually get treatment from a physio, but often the condition is ongoing and has an effect on how much of the motion that triggers the RSI you can do. 

@j95 I think especially when you develop a strong bond with a psychologist you can worry even more about what they think,  because you want your connection to remain strong! Reminds me as a psychologist that I have to keep reminding my patients of my unconditional positive regard

Definitely need that rapport before diving into things, Jay. It took me almost 5 months before I disclosed some things to my psychologist.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

I mean if people want to talk faster than sure thing @Ben-RO but sensitive topics and stuff aren't always easy just start talking about
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

i think @Ben-RO means what tips would you give to help people talk to a psycholgist when they are really in need of opening up.

but you're right @j95 - sometimes stuff takes time.

lanejane