cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can you help us do some research?

What things contribute to you all feeling comfortable posting and being part of this community?

Obviously having people respond to your posts is super important. High fives are also really encouraging. Maybe having a more obvious/colourful/inviting 'start a new thread' button would help people. Sorry I'm trying to think outside the box but lacking in ideas right now! Smiley Tongue

What things contribute to you all feeling comfortable posting and being part of this community?

Anonymity. The fact that this is literally the only place on the internet with no trolls. Getting respectful, validating replies.

I agree with @May_ that it would be useful to have a screamingly obvious make a new thread button. I remember when I first started it was easy enough to work out how to reply, but it took me a while (and by a while I mean like a few minutes wandering around the site Smiley Tongue) towork out how to make a new thread.

Sorry about the slow reply @Kat-RO. Yes, I meant progress on both fronts. On an individual level, I feel like people would like to feel like they're getting somewhere (such as reaching goals and such, no matter how small) rather than the feeling of being stuck in one spot for an extended period. On the community level, it would be good to know that other people are progressing too, perhaps giving a sense of "I can do this too". Knowing that RO itself is improving in its design and methods to help people reach out (couldn't resist haha) personally gives me a great deal of satisfaction.

Awesome, thanks @RevzZ. The evaluation can hopefully provide some insight into the ways that the forums support members of the community to make progress - we'll be sure to keep you guys updated Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Re: [Special Guest] Kat from ReachOut! Can you help us do some research?