cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can you help us do some research?

Hmm i think it's time to ask you all another question or two: 

Is there a particular area or question you think the research team should focus on? 

What's one thing you think we could do better in the forums or that we should do more of? 

@N1ghtW1ng @scared01 @May_ @j95 @FootyFan26 

Okay did i make these questions too weird? Smiley Tongue 

Hahaha nah @Ben-RO honestly I just forgot will do it tonight
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

hi @Ben-RO i answered the first 2 questions.. ill answer these ones another day. im not really up for it tonight

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

@Ben-RO I'm kind of confused by the first question, could you give an example?

Hey @roseisnotaplant, I can give an example Smiley Happy

Something I'm really interested in is what the benefits of participating in this community are, both for more active members as well as people that just read the threads but don't actually post themselves. For example, does it boost people's sense of wellbeing, does it help them to cope with tough times, does it help them feel more connected, etc.

I'd love to hear from you guys about what the main benefits are that you see that come from being part of this community. 

1. How long have you been a part of the community on RO and how has it changed in the time you've been here?

I forgot. 1 year plus or something I think? I'd have to say it's been a little bit more lively here over time and like everything else, has its quiet and busy periods. The constant feeling of progress is always still there and should definitely be an integral part. I think I started right before the builders so I got a glimpse of what it was like without them and having them was definitely a great idea!

2. What are the ingredients that make the community a place you want to be a part of?

As I said, a feeling of progress is good

Feeling like you're getting somewhere instead of being stuck is an excellent feeling

Having separated sections of casual and important discussions

People always (within the time) being there to listen and knowing you'll get a response

3. Is there a particular area or question you think the research team should focus on? 

Perhaps it could help to have an extra bit on turning off more from the forums if they want 

Having settings for people so they can tailor the site to what they need most. For example, people tagging posts under whichever category they're talking about, such as SH and if they don't want to run into it, they can hide all posts which include SH in its tags. There's probably other things but I can't think of any on the spot Smiley Tongue

4. What's one thing you think we could do better in the forums or that we should do more of? 

~might come back to this one. Mind blank atm~

Is there a particular area or question you think the research team should focus on?
Hmm just throwing some ideas out there - not sure if I am answering this question properly:
-What methods could help us keep track of how much RO helped a user
-How does online support compare to support in person
-What things contribute to a person feeling comfortable posting and part of the community

What's one thing you think we could do better in the forums or that we should do more of?
I like @RevzZ suggestion of users being able to tailor the site to what they need. Maybe having more obvious 'how to' buttons on the site - Eg how to make a new thread and other things that are a bit confusing when you first start out

Thanks for your feedback @RevzZ

That's a really good point about a feeling of progress. Did you mean progress as an individual, or as a community, or both?

I love your ideas about how to personalise your experience of the forums too. I think that's a work in progress, right @Ben-ROSmiley Happy

Awesome thanks @May_ - those are some great questions that we hope to explore through the evaluation.

Maybe for that last question we could open it up to you guys:

What things contribute to you all feeling comfortable posting and being part of this community?

sarcasm sarcastic wonka mansplain riveted GIF