cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [Special Guest] Naomi from Wear it Purple!

Hey everyone! Great to be here Smiley Happy 

Hi everyone Smiley Happy

@N1ghtW1ng, loving all your gifsSmiley Tongue

Hello everyone!!!

It's great to have you here @Naomi-wearitpurple Smiley Happy (And everyone else @j95 @honky @May_!) Purple just happens to be one of my favourite colours Smiley Wink

Why is it important to be proud of who you are?
To be totally honest, I can't think of a coherent answer to this. In my head, it's kind of "Of course it's important!" Because you are you, and you should be proud of what makes you you, who you are, because you are an amazing person! Even if you don't feel like it Smiley Happy

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

I'm not super tech savvy, so I'll apologise in advance if I get things wrong tonight everyone!

I think this is a really important question, and would love to hear what you all think! I believe that everyone needs to be proud of who they are. It's important to our mental health and wellbeing to appreciate just how amazing you are!

Tricky question I've spent about five minutes trying to think of an answer and all I've done is switch Spotify playlists Smiley Tongue I guess you are you, and you are awesome, and that should make you proud. Right?

Hey @roseisnotaplant! Thanks for joining us tonight Smiley Happy It is a hard question, isn't it? But you are right, it might take some time to find out who you are, but that doesn't make you any less awesome Smiley Happy

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Being proud of who you are is a shield. If you can know and appreciate yourself and the great and special things that make you who you are, then you're going to be able face the tough stuff, and the not so smart people that you'll encounter in life. Being proud of who you are is also something that is quite visible, it makes others feel safer and stronger about being themselves, and enjoying that, instead of feeling stuck behind expectations that other people made up for them. 

Such a hard question to answer, and have to agree with @N1ghtW1ng, it's hard to write a coherent answer. I agree with @Naomi-wearitpurple in saying that it's important for our mental health and wellbeing. I think if you're always worried about what others think/say, it can really have a negative impact on our health, thus being proud of who we are is important !! Work ittSmiley Tongue

I think everyone has a different definition of being proud of who you are...pride in yourself reflects that love you have for yourself and it paves the way for being assertive about your rights and respecting yourself and others