cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [Special Guest] Stephanie from Sane Australia on Life with Borderline Personality Disorder

i havent done DBT yet but it has been highly reccomended to do for people with BPD. but ive also heard its intense

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Re: [Special Guest] Stephanie from Sane Australia on Life with Borderline Personality Disorder

@Steph_SaneAustralia would you be able to tell us a little bit about what DBT is like? Or tips for getting the most out of it? 

@scared01I absolutely love your point that every emotion is real and valid for the person experiencing it.

Yes @scared01 you said that brilliantly and I agree 100%!!

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

Just caught up - I know very little about BPD so this has been good to read through. Totally agree with the suckiness of emotional invalidation Smiley Sad

@khaleesi_18  I really can't speak highly enough about DBT.  It really taught me so much about myself and how to handle my illness better.  I did it outpatient for a year at a hospital and I learned things like mindfulness, and also how to slow down my mind, so that when I was anxious about something out of my control, I could be present with the present if that makes sense.

I'm an early sleeper and an early riser, so I'm afraid I'm going to head off for the evening. I have LOVED this conversation and @Steph_SaneAustralia I really appreciate your insights into BPD. Thank you

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

Night @letitgo Smiley Happy

Night night @letitgo! We only have a couple of minutes left for this chat before we wrap up! 

@Steph_SaneAustraliait does make sense Smiley Happy it sounds like it really resonated with you and helped you to manage your anxious feelings, and do what you needed to despite the way you were feeling in that moment.

@letitgosleep well! Great to chat to you tonight Smiley Happy