cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [Special Guest] Supporting Survivors Part 2: Life Long Term

I really like that pharmacists do that @Moya AKim-SARC. I reckon that's a great idea and definitely something I've learnt tonight Smiley Happy
Highlighted

@letitgo

Thanks for joining us, even if it was short!

Yes I believe you can't buy the morning after pill on behalf of the person. In my experience I have helped a friend by buying it and saying it was for me. But would be difficult for a man to get away with this

Night @letitgo, take care Smiley Happy

@Chessca_H great advice Chessca.  Being listened to and believed is so important, reduces feelings of isolation and builds trust and safety.  

@scared01 , im so sorry to hear you had that experience with a psychologist, especially for your first session. It must have been really difficult for you to even get to the appointment let alone have that sort of experience. I know for myself (I am a Psychologist) when I see clients I never make them speak about their story, unless of course they want to. I sometimes say to people that if you had a flu and went to a doctor and didn't get the right medical support, you probably wouldn't just leave and go home when you're feeling sick, you would probably go and see another doctor. sometimes its the same with psychologists. Not every Psychologist will suit everyone, its important to find the right one for you.

In saying that , its good to hear that you feel safe now Smiley Happy that is important!

@Serena_Yi... yes that could be tough for a male! Maybe if the male could have the person needing it on the phone, so the pharmacist could talk to them .. then they might be willing to dispense it...it is a difficult situation .

yes its been a rough time for sure. I dont get help for the abuse but the skills im learning through them for my other ptsd event is helping with the abuse memories that come up.

Atm im at a point where im qustion my current psych when they say 'im not doing enough' when I work 2 jobs one of them being a carer, I help with siblings, study and also doing whatever the gp, psychiatrist and psychologist say in regards to treatment so trying to work out current options for that.

In regards to flashbacks I wear a blue necklace with symbolises the peace I feel when watching the waves. No one knows that as blues my favourite colour however thats the real meaning behind it. Its a grounding tool but it doesnt always work.

Ive tried hiding under the doona when they happen too but that doesnt help.

Im wondering how common it is that no matter how many times I try to suppress it or control that flashback the stronger it comes on. Its almost like it HAS to play through my head before I can control the surrounding anxiety and feelings that associate with that...

@CaroSarc

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Okay i have another medical question for the SARC crew. 

What is a sexually transmitted infection? Can you only get them from having sex and how do you know if you have one? 

ive been through 6 psychologists till i finally found this and atm feels like im playing with fire abit and shes loosing my trust @Jacinta-SARC thats jsut me though and my experinces will see how the next few sessions go before i make a final decision whether or not to call it quits and continue on learning myself. 

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**