cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [Special guest] 20th of April - Noel and Finances

I really like the way you put that @Noel-Moneycare Needs vs Wants, and letting each person decide for themselves what those things are Smiley Happy 

Highlighted

Oh cool, so it's kind of just prioritising where you want your money to go? And making sure you don't end up in a sticky situation? That sounds fairly straightforward...

One of the key  aspects of understanding were your money goes is being able to track your spending .Moneysmart has a free app called "Track my spend".

On to the next question....

Do you have any money saving tips?

We have one of those tins that you can't open again that we put spare change in. I reckon that's good over a long period of time Smiley Happy

My money saving tips is having two interest gaining savings accounts that have no fees and having automatic deposits each week into them to stop me having to think about saving. I also started to do a program called Savers Plus which is a matched savings program of up to $500 for educational costs. You can find out more about the program and how it works by clicking here.

Haha not really. I guess the most obvious way to save money is to not spend it, so that's my two cents (pun very much intended).

The attached link is a great start, but to save money I would always pay myself first. What I mean by that is work out what you are savings for and whenyou want to achieve that goal. When I get paid every week or fortnight I would set this money aside first. In a lot of cases you pay all your bills first then whatever left over you save. What I’m suggesting is that you turn this around by saving first.

https://www.moneysmart.gov.au/managing-your-money/budgeting/simple-ways-to-save-money

That's an excellent idea @FootyFan26!

That's a great idea @Noel-Moneycare Smiley Happy I will be adopting that policy myself.