cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [Special guest] Butterfly Foundation- How do you know if you have an eating disorder?

Thanks so much @Chris-Butterfly, learnt so many things today and that link that you gave approaching someone you care about has some really great tips on how to talk to someone we are worried about.

Re: [Special guest] Butterfly Foundation- How do you know if you have an eating disorder?

@Ben-RO It can be a tough topic to talk about with anyone. However I think important to know that there is support out there for people who might be concerned. There are a lot of understanding professionals with experience in the area of eating concerns and body image. At Butterfly we have great counsellors as well experienced too who you can contact on 1800 33 4673 or at the Butterfly Foundation website

What’s okay and what’s not okay? Is it okay to go on a diet or work out a lot? Is it okay to not like something about your body?

I'm going to be absolutely honest with this and say that I struggle to know these things myself. Like is it better to slowly ease yourself into a better lifestyle (food wise) or just change it all at once?

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

No worries @stonepixie thanks for having me here! 

I have so many more questions for you @Chris-Butterfly! But unfortunately we're out of time tonight !

Thanks to @Stealth_ninja @stonepixie and @CeeGee for jumping into the conversation! 

Remember our completely anonymous question form is open for another 12 hours. So to the 30 or so of you reading this right  now, there's a place you can say whatever you want, and Chris will do his best to help you decide what to do next.

You can find the form here. 

Thanks again everybody! Have a great night and as always make a post in one of our threads and get talking if you want to know more! 

And an extra special thanks to @Chris-Butterfly for danating his time to talk to us tonight! What a legend! 

Interesting question @stonepixie and a tough one. It can certainly be tough to change everything at once. Often taking things in steps can be really helpful and less daunting! 

Thank you @Ben-RO for constantly captaining this ship! And thanks a lot to @Chris-Butterfly - love what Butterfly does and really grateful to have had this time with you.

Highlighted

No worries @Ben-RO thanks for having me here. I know it can be a tough topic but hopefully there has been something to take away and think about!

Night everyone! Thanks for joining us tonight @Chris-Butterfly !!! Smiley Very Happy

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ