cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [Special guest] Thinking about Drinking with Hello Sunday Morning

Hello! Smiley Very Happy
Highlighted

Do you drink alcohol, or, are you thinking about drinking alcohol one day?

Yes I do

I drink occasionally, although since getting my Ps I hardly drink at all because I'm always having to drive. When I do drink I'm such a lightweight that I only need one or two drinks anyway Smiley Tongue

Yeah I do, sometimes a little bit, sometimes I have some big nights, I try to limit those big nights because my body doesn't like them especially mixed with medication, also I'm still on my stupid P's. 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Let's start off with a nice and easy one. Do you drink alcohol, or, are you thinking about drinking alcohol one day?

I like the occasional drink, but not very often.

@j95 yeah medication is another big reason why I try and avoid drinking. Mixing a depressant with an antidepressant often makes things... weird (such a scientific term Smiley Tongue)

Here's another question for y'all to answer! 

A lot of people talk about "drinking culture" what's the drinking culture around you like?

Yes I do, but definitely not as much as I used to - and working as an AOD counsellor I am super conscious of the issues around alcohol. That said I do love a glass of wine with friends, but that is probably more about the company than the wine!

A lot of people talk about "drinking culture" what's the drinking culture around you like?

When I was younger it was very much a party thursday - sunday culture, now that I am older it is more like 2, maybe 3 quiet drinks with good conversation.

Drinking culture around me is pretty tame......most of my friends are at the stage of their lives where they don't want to be hungover the next day. That said hanging out with my parents and their friends, the drinking culture for older people is pretty full on - alcohol seems to be a big factor for retired people.