cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [Special guest] Thinking about Drinking with Hello Sunday Morning

A lot of people talk about "drinking culture" what's the drinking culture around you like?

I don't ever remember my parents drinking when I was young - it was only after my grandpa died that dad started drinking socially. Most of my friends also don't drink for a variety of reasons, so there's definitely less pressure for me to partake. Alcohol was actually one of the driving forces behind my high school sweetheart and I breaking up...

A lot of people talk about "drinking culture" what's the drinking culture around you like?

Regular binge drinking is definitely the norm amongst people I hang out with and has been for many years

I don't drink. I'm 17 and will probably drink a little bit in the future but I'm not too big on it.

I have a bit of a drinking culture at home. Mum and Grandma drink wine. Mum drinks more when she's stressed so you can tell when she hasn't had a great day.

It's really interesting this one... I hang out with such a variety of people. My footy mates are into their post match drinks and big functions aka giant piss ups, same with some of my work friends, and some my surfing friends don't even drink. i feel like for my mates at footy it seems like drinking is the only way to have fun and without it things are kinda boring, but my oceany friends say the opposite, that they don't need it to have a good time and they think a lot of people rely on it too much, one of my friends has just gone 18 months without a single drink 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Let's start off with a nice and easy one. Do you drink alcohol, or, are you thinking about drinking alcohol one day?

I'm one of those rare teetotallers Smiley LOL. Haven't had a sip since I was 8, so I might not have a tonne to add to tonight's questions, but I look forward to reading over what people say tonight. Always interesting to learn about different people's experiences Smiley Surprised

The drinking culture around me is pretty fierce i would say, i have a lot of friends who are in the hospitality or entertainment industry and they drink a loooooot. I would say that it's rarely talked about as an issue and kind of seen as normal to wake up with a hangover on a Sunday morning and almost something that people kind of laugh about.  Not saying any of that is a good thing! 

@j95 thats really interesting, all the different ways people will feel about alcohol. I agree, for some groups it feels that is the glue that holds it together, and if you were to take away alcohol it might be different.....even though everyone gets along really well.

People talk about binge drinking, drinking too much and things like that, but where's the line? What amount of drinking is okay and when might it be a problem?

Its true though! Its kind of a bonding experience, talking about hangovers. Even though it can ruin your day. It seems to be something that a lot of people can relate to. 

yeah its become kinda the norm for me and my friends from footy to completely clear our sunday in preparation for being hungover, I try for this not be the case as often as it is for some of them

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//