cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [Special guest] Twenty10 talks about coming out.

@Rainbow Lane I agree, when it's considered no less normal to be anything other than straight and cisgender it'll be better for all of us

Hey hey!

What does coming out mean to you?

Telling/showing someone something about who you are as a person, that generally differs from the majority's experience.

____________________#iftoastershadfeelings____________________

Hey @Bay52VU

Hey @Bay52VU! Thanks for joining us! I take it you managed to get to the bus on time ?

So true @OceanMaster1207 coming out is a constant process, from the telling the big people in our lives, to telling/implying to people we come across in everyday situations

Highlighted

Heya everyone! My name is Jessie and I work as a Sex & Gender Diverse Access worker at Liverpool Women's Health Centre (South West Sydney #represent-- feel free to get in touch if you're in the area!). I'm a nonbinary trans person and I identify as genderqueer and pansexual. Those are two pretty complicated identifiers to 'come out' with so my feelings about coming out are a bit complicated! I'm really stoked to be able to be here, so i'm so so happy to answer any and every questions you might have and chat away. 

To me, "coming out" is a bit complicated: it can mean sharing a part of yourself with another person-- be it your gender identity, sexuality, whatever-- but it can also mean a whole lot of pressure for folks who aren't cisgender, heterosexual, able bodied and/or white to "come out" and declare their identity to everyone all the time every day.  

Haha yep @Ben-RO! Stashed my burger away for later and just made it Smiley Tongue

____________________#iftoastershadfeelings____________________

@Rainbow Lane and it's actually quite frustrating. There are times when you might get asked if you have a gf (from a gay male's perspective) and you're just like- do I even bother saying anything, because you're all worried you might open a can of worms Smiley LOL

Hi everyone What an honour to be here! Coming out can be an ongoing process of inviting people to share in your life and understand more about who you are.   Sometimes at Twenty10 we talk about the concept of "inviting in" to allow for that process to take place at your own pace and with the people you choose to enter that part of your life. 

Hi everyone sorry I'm late

To me coming out is not being ashamed of who you are and sharing that with people.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire