cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [Special guest] Twenty10 talks about coming out.

Coming out is a really individual thing and can be different from person to person. What are some different ways that someone could come out?

I came out on facebook.
You could have conversations, write letters, show a song, what ever makes you comfortable.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

Hey guys (thanks for the email @Ben-RO!) I'm on my phone but I'll do my best. Smiley Happy

What does coming out mean to you?
It means sharing who you are and how you feel with people close to you (or people you don't). It's about trusting somone enough to share something that means a lot to you because it IS you. It's who you are and you want them to know that.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

@Rainbow Lane Absolutely, safety first! I think there can be a lot of pressure to come out even when things aren't likely to go so well, I it's way more important that people are in a situation where they know they'll be safe rather than coming out because they think they have to right at that moment.

@Bobby-Twenty10 yeah that makes so much sense! And I think a lot of people feel pressured to come out, whereas it's totally their choice when they want to invite someone in. Such a fan of this new concept right now haha!

Coming out is a really individual thing and can be different from person to person. What are some different ways that someone could come out?
Everyone has their different ways which have been nicely covered.
For me, I used a website since I was also overseas but it was a cool website Smiley Tongue

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Highlighted

There can be lots of ways to be creative and playful about expressing yourself too - for example: 

gayke.jpg

@N1ghtW1ng show @Bobby-Twenty10 and @milohunto the website!

That was my other point @Bobby-Twenty10 (that I probably didn't add). Puns are an awesome and fun way to come out!
Also I like the idea of inviting someone in.

That cake is amazing @Bobby-Twenty10!

____________________#iftoastershadfeelings____________________

Great stuff guys, onto the next question!

What are some of the challenges people face when inviting people in?