cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [Special guest] We're rebuilding, help us make it awesome.

@VictoriaB I think I answered your question without even seeing it Smiley Tongue

@RevzZ a pop up at the bottom of the screen, like the survey's sometimes appear as, except maybe a bit longer with the title of the GR or infobus? It would definitely be attention grabbing! I would only do it though when we have live gr's and infobus'

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

thanks everyone these are all really great points and some great suggestions about how we might address things too!

@Bay52VU I totally agree with you about the seach bar!! Maybe there could be two - one specifically for forum chats and one for the rest of the RO website??

@Bay52VU wrote:

Is there anything that you find frustrating or confusing about using the ReachOut website or forums that will be important to improve?

• Some stuff

•  As per above, the default quote format is disgusting tbh.
  • New users often can't seem to figure out how to create new threads. There must be something wrong with button placement/wording for so many people to have trouble figuring it out.
  • Mobile version - The search button is to the left of the new-post button making them look like they're equally useful. Pretty sure the new post button needs to stand out more there. 
____________________#iftoastershadfeelings____________________

There is two but they both seem to do the same thing except one has a different looking results page @Autumn23
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

@Bay52VU That's a brilliant idea with the search bar. Kind of like reddit's "search only within this subreddit" bar search. So you would only tick the box if you're only looking for what's in a specific section (in this case, forums or other).

@Autumn23 @Bay52VU I think that it's important to have them both, so having two different search bars would separate the two but maybe combining them, having half the screen for website, half for threads so that the website and forums are still together.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

So many great answers! I can barely keep up with you guys Smiley Tongue

onto the next Q:

One idea is to “gamify” the forums a little bit more (e.g. giving people rewards for posting like badges or ranks, recognising people for contributing to the forums).  What do you guys think about that?

Mandatory separation of post and signature (even just a line) would save me from reading everyone's signatures and thinking they're part of the post, like eleventy-million times a week.
____________________#iftoastershadfeelings____________________

@Bay52VU yes when I started I couldn't work out how to make a forum so that definitely needs to be made more obvious