cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

[CHAT]: RUOK? What to say if someone says "nope"

Thursday 14th September is the national day of action dedicated to reminding everyone that we've all got what it takes to ask, "are you ok?". You can read more about RUOK here.

We're going to chat about the best way to ask the question and what to do if someone says "I'm not okay" from 8:00pm through to 9:30pm (AEST) this Thursday . 

We'd love you to join in. 

UPDATE

We've had a last minute guest change, we'll now be joined by RUOK ambassador Taliah Payne

AAEAAQAAAAAAAA1xAAAAJGVkMWFlODFlLTAyYzEtNGI1MC04MWMxLWI1OWNmYjAxNmRiOQ.jpg

Talia is an expert on helping people and communities grow through tough times. Not only does she know how to ask the question "RUOK?" she knows heaps about how to guide and support someone who isn't okay as they work out what they need to be okay.

Talia has lived experience of surviving some very tough times. Tahlia has been incredibly courageous in sharing that lived experience to help prevent and support others both as a carer and as a professional. You can read more about Talia's story here (content warning, suicide, sexual assault).  Talia currently works as an Aboriginal Engagement Coordinator where she helps to make sure there is space, opportunity and good support for young Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in Western Australia. 

So, if you're interested in what the day's about, how you can get on board, and how it could possibly help you or those around you, pop in on Thursday 14th September at 8:00-9:30pm.

We hope to see you there!!

woohoo.gif

Re: [CHAT]: RUOK? What to say if someone says "nope"

yes please when the time comes tag me into the thread so i wont forget Smiley Happy

No worries @scared01 also we set up an event on Facebook which will give you a reminder- if you're a Facebook person. We hid the guest list, so you'll still be anonymous Smiley Happy 

thanks @Ben-RO Smiley Happy

Hi everyone! It's nearly time to start the chat! Can't wait! We'll ask a bunch of questions to get the discussion going and we'd love it if you pop on, click reply and share your thoughts Smiley Happy

Nearly time to get started! 

@May_

@scared01

@rose13

@roseisnotaplant

@honky

@N1ghtW1ng!

Hello! Smiley Very Happy

Tonight is all about RUOK? day! 

giphy

If at all you find this conversation distressing or you feel like you need to talk to someone, about an issue then it's time to get some help!. You can call Lifeline on 13 11 14 or Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800 or use their webchat and email services found on their respective sites. The link s can be found here. If you are new here then welcome! Have a quick peek at our community guidelines you can find them here!

Hi everyone
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//

First question of the night...

How do you ask someone if they're okay?