cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT]: RUOK? What to say if someone says "nope"

5.So you've asked all the questions had all the conversations, what next? Is it okay to check in? What are some tips for doing that? 

Yep it sure is! it's even important to check in, not just okay to do if you'd like to.
You can even go as far as to make a deal with the person. Ask them if you can check in tomorrow to see how they're doing. Set out a bit of a plan with them (if they're keen) about who to talk to and get extra support from as well as other stuff they can do, like trying a bit of mindfulness etc etc. Let them know you're there for them and aren't going to just leave it at that, so that they know they've got a bit of backup, it means a lot!

5. So you've asked all the questions had all the conversations, what next? Is it okay to check in? What are some tips for doing that? 

I think it's definitely okay to check in. I think it can be something simple like 'hey just wanted to check in and see how you're doing'

I would like to say thankyou so much for having me here tonight!

I think everyone has some really good insights and remember:

ASK the question

LISTEN without judgement

ENCOURAGE Action

FOLLOW-UP and check-in

If you need to ask more than once, change up the way you ask, establish trust by making yourself available; Listen and ask open ended questions that guide the person to finding their own solutions; Encourage action and provide resources that are right for the individual; Follow up and show that you are always there for the future.

Goodnight and if you need anything further please don't hesitate to contact the RUOK team via their website - they have some really in depth and wicked resources!

Well we've run out of time for our chat and it's time have a snooze but we'll leave this conversation open because we'd love to hear what you think and tackle any questions you have Smiley Happy 

https://media.tenor.com/images/3ff16435152122dfaa5a0a787857227c/tenor.gif

Thankyou to everyone who came on tonight, especially our R U OK? guests, @TPayne and @Stasiamez it's been great having you visit!

I hope everyone has a great night.
Take care!

Thank you so much for coming @TPayne! Really appreciate the time you gave us tonight and all your amazing knowledge about this tricky topic! 

No worries - anytime! always here for anyone who needs.
Highlighted

Good night everyone, thanks for coming tonight @TPayneSmiley Happy