cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: INFOBUS RETURNS! 24th May -All things job hunting and employment [Special Guest]

@mrmusic  thats a good way to put it - the way you interact with others. 

I suppose in every social situation, there is an appropriate way to behave, and in a working space, this may mean being a bit more "serious" or focused than you would usually be, in order to focus on the task at hand and get the job done. It can be an attention to detail as well. 

Professionalism can vary in workplaces a lot as well! 

Next week we will be going LIVE chatting to the Naked Farmer... who is that and why is he naked? Go here to find out more and submit your questions for the chat!

Re: INFOBUS RETURNS! 24th May -All things job hunting and employment [Special Guest]

Of course, the other scenario, where you apply and go to an interview, and you don't get a job, can be really challenging. 

What's the best way to motivate myself after being rejected from a job/jobs?

How have people coped with this? 
Personally I have found this really challenging! 
Keen to hear from you all, and tips from @SamK1008

Next week we will be going LIVE chatting to the Naked Farmer... who is that and why is he naked? Go here to find out more and submit your questions for the chat!

@gina-RO it is my pleasure. There are so many good questions and I'm so glad they are being asked!

How can I be "professional"? What does that even mean??

when someone says "be professional" they are generally referring to changing your behaviour.

the word "Professional" means to have a an acquired knowledge within your employment space in order to earn a living.

it's not always about being professional, its about having the right attitude. and that could mean many things. eg:

- presentation skills

- appropriate language

- body language

How do you recommend navigating a new workplace when you feel out of your depth?

I would suggest seeking support from your fellow colleagues and taking the time to get used to your new environment. it's easy to feel overwhelmed but with the right support you will get through Smiley Happy

you've hit the nail on the head!

You’re not wrong @gina-RO, I’ve found this incredibly hard in the past. I think in some ways it comes dow to what @SamK1008 said before, and that is that the employer needs you in the workplace, not the other way round. So, I try and think of a job rejection as “their loss not mine”, but that’s hard sometimes.

Ok we only have a few more minutes, but a good one to finish on:

Someone asked for : any tips as to how to unlock a particular passion in the workforce

A great question around how to enjoy your work and be in a job you love! 

@gina-RO 

Just remember that you will not get every job you apply for, and that ok! I would suggest to keep applying for other job and remember that the job you get will be the right one for you based on your qualities and attributes that you can bring to the business.

@gina-RO 

any tips as to how to unlock a particular passion in the workforce?

you want to make sure that whatever you do has purpose for you. once you find that purpose you will find clarity in what you would like to master within that field and become great at it!

I guess that it for the night guys... thanks again for having me! its been great Smiley Happy

feel free to ask any other questions if you have and I will respond in due time.

gnite Smiley Happy

Thank you so much @SamK1008 for answering so many of the questions - we had a lot of interest in this topic, and it's something that can be super challenging for young people! 

We really do appreciate all of your insights! 

Thank you to everyone else who has shared and contributed  - it always amazes me what happens when we pool our knowledge and experiences together and get this plethora of wisdom and information! 

A final word from me on job hunting, and job keeping - it's ok to struggle with this!
Employment seeking can be really difficult, and deeply personal, and often even a very emotional process. 
Be gentle with yourself, and remember that you are always your worst critic! Seek out support, and do not give up! 

Highlighted

Thank you @SamK1008 - much appreciated! Smiley Happy