cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: LIVE CHAT Wed 13th 7PM- Australia's First People

@j95 This year I learnt a little bit about Aboriginal culture because I met a guy that is part of the amazing culture and it was very interesting learning about his life

What land do you stand on each day?

The land of the Wathaurong people Smiley Happy

Awesome @less123321
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//
Highlighted

Using this map what land do you stand on each day?  Is there anything you are surprised by or learnt from looking at that map? 

I would be standing on Ngunnawal land every day, but it seems like I'm also pretty close to Ngarigo land too. This map really demonstrates the diversity of lands and probably cultures by extension! It also seems like it would have been a considerable effort to do all that research into all the lands and names for a landmass as big as Australia

Although I do not live there I like to say I am from the Arrernte land as that is where my family was and still is. 

I agree @safari93 it covers pretty much the whole country!

Using this map what land do you stand on each day? Is there anything you are surprised by or learnt from looking at that map?

I stand on the land of the Yuggera people Smiley Happy

That's great @less123321 Smiley Happy Thanks for joining us tonight.

Using this map what land do you stand on each day? Is there anything you are surprised by or learnt from looking at that map?
So I actually can't really tell which land I'm on from that map, and google is being pretty useless but I'm think it's Gubi Gubi.

Something that didn't exactly surprise me but I still find interesting is the large amount of different lands and their sizes. 

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Re: LIVE CHAT Tue 19th 7PM AEDT- Australia's First People

Our last question before I started to answer some of the anonymous questions submitted....

In 2018 many events around Australia have had their date changed from January 26th to an alternative date and this has sparked debate among Australians, do you know why this is? What is your take on this? 

I stand on the land of the Wurundjeri People and at my school we always acknowledge them at all school assemblies and events