cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A post Ben-RO moved to talk about - Working through some feedback from Tafe.

I had a meeting with some important people today about my apprenticeship, I was late for starters. 

well I was late because I'm so bloody disorganised, couldn't find my work clothes, my charger or my car keys, obviously I did but it was just a big mess. @Ben-RO

bad:
- I lack initiative, which is becoming a problem because people can't be telling me what needs to be done all the time. My observe in order to learn approach has gone on for a bit too long...
- They are unsure if I'm taking the whole thing seriously enough and if I want to be there
- I need to do more of my own work instead of helping our first year apprentice who is quite dumb, which doesn't quite make sense cause isn't that using my initiative.
- They would much rather me make a mistake than not do anything at all
- I need to talk more to customers when they're around/on the phone instead of being awkward af
- My TAFE teacher said they are concerned that I get very very behind on my work, then submit lots of work at one time, and that's true cause that stresses me out a bit
- They think I could do with more help with the work like seeing my tutor a bit more and that might help me stay up to date
- Apparently my attitude towards school is quite poor, not sure if I agree
- I have missed a lot of work so my apprenticeship is heaps delayed so I probably won't finish it when I'm supposed to. I am late or not there regularly. 
Good:
- They understand that I'm still learning and are willing to move things around for me and cater to what I need. An example of this might be if we've got two jobs for the day and we've split up staff, then having me with somebody who can help me learn and be pretty understanding.
- It's good to hear about how I can improve.
- They are giving me a chance

But now I just feel like a huge burden to them cause they have to adjust things for me and I feel like they're like uh oh we hired this guy thinking he was good and now he's a massive idiot.

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Re: Short Sads

That is a fair bit of feedback to work through. I definitely get the impression that you don't agree with all of it, but do agree with some of it. How well supported do you feel to respond to this stuff? Are you feeling confident that you can tackle it, or a bit worried?

Also i am thinking i should move this to a thread so we can all talk through it a bit better, are you cool with that?

Yeah alright probably best you move it

I'm a bit worried about it all @Ben-RO they asked me what I thought about the new arrangements and I said it sounded good and I guess it does. But I felt like I couldn't speak up or ask any questions, it was a lot of pressure for me to just agree with what they were saying.
They didn't back up this negative feedback with anything good, as far as they're concerned I'm just really bad at my job/school work.

Re: A post Ben-RO moved to talk about - Working through some feedback from Tafe.

I don't really know what to do about all this