cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abusive parents

My parents yell at me about how bad I am at everything . Is there anything I can do to get away from them ?

Re: Abusive parents

Hey there @F3Lix and welcome to the forums. 

Just letting you know that I moved your post to a new thread, so that other users can see that you're looking for support and respond Smiley Happy

Do you have any friends, other family or professional supports that you can reach out to during this time? As we are an anonymous forums, we can't provide specific advice for your exact situation. However someone who you are close to or a professional (in-person or over the phone) may be able to give you more specific advice. Some good starting places include Kids Helpline and Lifeline

When you are around them, are there any distraction strategies that help you cope with their yelling?

-----

Our new guidelines are now live, check them out here!

Firstly I'd like to thank you for reaching out, this can be really tough to do.
I like to get outside and go for a walk or a run to have time for myself. Are there any activities you like to do?

Hey there @F3Lix, I just to check in see how you've been going over the last few days? I'm so sorry your parents are giving you a tough time. I agree with @statuscaring, finding a hobby to throw yourself into is a great way to 'escape' unfortunate situations, only if for a little while. 

Can I ask, are you currently living with you parents?