cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After coming out

Hi everyone, I came out to my family yesterday as bisexual, after a few years closeted. I felt it was the right time and they took it really well. But for some reason I feel worse afterwards. I was curious to see if anyone else had similar problems and are their ways of dealing with them, and where can I go from here as a now public bisexual?

Thanks in advance Heart

Re: After coming out

hello @Onekeeper and welcome

well done for coming out! that is a huge step and im also glad your family took it well.
perhaps its about processing what has happened too, the stress of coming out can be so much that when you speak about it it can leave us feeling rather drained.
im not sure how old you are but perhaps if your over 18 you could see about joining a dating site and being open to both genders? i guess as well if you find someone you like either male or female allow those feelings to flow, you might be surprised and find another person of the same gender with reciprocated feelings...
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Thanks so much @scared01, it was definitely a big experience.

That makes sense, it was such a big build up, it doesn't surprise me now to hear that. Sounds like a great idea, I'll definitely look into doing that, and allow myself to relax about it. 

Thanks again, it means a lot Heart

your most welcome @Onekeeper Heart

also qlife is really good for lbgti members, ive used them myself a few times and found them helpful and also they have quite abit of info on their site too

https://qlife.org.au/
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Awesome, it looks like a great resource, I'll make sure to check it out Smiley Happy