cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alienation

I just feel so weird right now, and within my own personal space, I cannot just assimilate with my peers around me. I know this is normal but I just cannot stop feeling this way and it tears me apart about my own self and my reflections.

I have made an impact some way or another, I know.But I feel like that is worthless to me and its just a part of a history unknown to many.

Re: Alienation

Hey @Jeplar, I can relate to a lot of this mate. It sounds like you’re putting a lot of pressure on yourself to be able to associate with your friends in a different way, and it’s getting you down.

One thing to remember is that friendship is a situation of give and take - it’s not always an equal relationship. That helped me a lot and made me feel like less of a burden to my friends, as well as helping me recognise some of the positive things that I contributed to my friendships.

Could you tell me what is one thing you have done that has made a positive impact on your friends? I’d be keen to hear more on this. Heart

I wonder if you could give some self-compassion a go in this thread? What do you think?

Please remember that we’re here for you. Keep us updated!

Highlighted

@Jeplar 

Hey! I'm sorry to hear that's how you've been feeling lately Smiley Sad 

Has anything happened maybe, that might have triggered you to feel that way? 

Perhaps, this might be a good time to take a break and do some self care things? is there something that you enjoy doing? Or maybe mingle with a different group so you can just experience something different? 

@Jeplar I won't bombard you with any more questions but just wanted to let you know that I read your post and am here for you like the others Smiley Happy

@Jeplar I've read your post and wanted to let you know I'm here to help support you.

I like the suggestions @Mayaa99 had made, do you think you could try one? Smiley Happy

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

@mrmusic @Mayaa99 @lokifish @Bee

I will see how I go with that thread you suggested.

i have many things I enjoy such as video games and music however going into other groups is especially hard because of my social anxiety.

i have recently been trying to focus myself, calm my nerves and using self relaxing methods like in the activities I mentioned above.

Hey @Jeplar, totally get social anxiety mate. I find it super difficult to join new groups. I don't have that much to offer in this regard, but I will say that if you do find an enjoyable group, it makes all the anxiety worth it. Smiley Happy

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

@Jeplar
Glad to hear you'll try the thread Smiley Happy
I'm glad you have some interests, do you play an instrument? What kind of music do you like?

It is understandable that social anxiety makes going to groups hard. It is tough. Is there anyone that could go with you to a couple to help you feel less anxious? I know sometimes knowing one person can help me to feel less anxious.

That is awesome that you have been trying to focus yourself and calm your nerves! How have you gone with that?

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

@Bee

I do not play an instrument and I like to listen to Hip-Hop/Rap.

Not really, but I usually just go somewhere alone to feel a little less anxious.

So far, it has been going well.

@Jeplar I read Hip-Hop and my eyes lit up! Smiley Very Happy Who are your fav artists? I'm a big fan of Hip Hop also Smiley Happy Music can be a great tool in helping with anxiety. How are you feeling today?