cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alone, confused, lost

I'm new here so I don't really know what to post but I just need help and support.

I'm so stressed out with everything at the moment and it's just making me feel so upset and at times making me sick to my stomach. I've been together with my boyfriend for two years now and best friends for three years but lately I just don't know what to do. He is the worst temper and can be so rude, like, I'm talking so abusive, as if I'm dirt on the ground. It makes me feel like I should be ashamed of myself. I know you're probably reading this and thinking 'why doesnt she just leave him?!' but it hurts so much. I've been with him through really crucial moments in my life and I don't know how to be without him. How do I just continue with my daily routine without the texts and calls and seeing him. Worse still I lost every single one of my friends when we started dating - so no friends to turn to. He can make me so happy, and I feel like I can stay with him, but I don't know if I should.

I'm also just about to apply for uni's so I'm stressed out enough with that, do I really need a boy in my life to complicate things and make me more upset. I don't know Smiley Sad 

Re: Alone, confused, lost

Hi Luna-Joy, sorry to hear abpout how stressed you're feeling right now. We've actually got a live discussion going on right now in our Getting Real Session about dealing with stress. If you wanna check it out, just click here.

I really encourage you to call 1800 RESPECT (1800 737 732) and speak to a counsellor about the way your boyfriend treats you. They understand that sometimes it's not as simple as just leaving, even though to the outside world it might seem like an easy decision.

You made a really brave step coming here and reaching out, so I hope you can keep going and get the help you deserve.

Highlighted

Hi Luna

It really struck me that you've got no friends. That must be really hard. I couldn't image not having a friend to turn to when I'm having a bit of a hard time.

Are you able to rekindle the friendships you had in the past? If not perhaps making some new ones is the way to go? I've been trying to make some new friends lately and my first step was to identify my interests, knitting, reading and Buddhism, and then take those interests and find activities or clubs I can get involved in, a Buddhist society, book swap meets and knitting classes.

I hope you're able to make some friends you can share your stories with soon.

Hi Atma

Thank you for taking the time to reply. It can be very hard, I feel very invisible at school and can get pretty anxious when it comes to lunch time.

Thank you too for that really helpful advice Smiley Happy !!!

It sounds like the lack of connection is really getting you down and causing a lot of frustration. Have you tapped into school counsellors to chat about how you're feeling? They might be helpful and have some advice.

In regards to your anxiety around lunch time have you tried any meditation or relaxation techniques? You might find something that will help to calm you down, for example, when I've got a bit of pent up energy I take a long and deep breath for say six seconds, then I let it out low and slow for another six seconds. That really helps bring me back to the moment as well as slow down some of my symptoms like racing heart or thoughts.

I watched this awesome vid from ReachOut.com today too. I loved it so much that I thought I'd share it here with you!