cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am i the source of my problems?

deleted

Re: Am i the source of my problems?

Hey @michaelscott34, firstly, you're not the source of your problems. Things happen and it's unfortunate, but it's not just due to ourselves or a particular person and thats ok Smiley Happy 

I'm sorry to hear that you feel like this. When you say you feel like you're a puzzle piece that doesn't fit, I understand how that feels - it was how i spent most of primary school. But maybe that's because it's not the right puzzle that you're trying to fit into? 

Try and expand around the company you have, I know it's hard especially when you feel this way, but it could help to find a place that you feel comfortable in.

Also, please please please do not think of yourself as having a "broken personality" that is absolutely not true. You are perfectly normal, and your personality is unique to how you are, what you are and who you are as a person. The way people react around us to that, isn't a complete reflection of who we are; just their interpretation of us. Your facing a difficult situation at the moment, and it'll pass with time. thats all. its not you. 

Have you talked to anyone or sought professional help about this? 

Highlighted

Hi @michaelscott34, I'm really sorry to hear you're feeling this way. The fact that you are saying that you treat people well and with positivity just shows me straight away, that you are not broken at all, nor the 'wrong piece of a puzzle'. You sound like a wonderful person, and I think that it's a matter of finding new people to talk with and get to know.

Can I ask if you have any hobbies or passions? Sometimes a great way of meeting new company is through joining team sports, or some sort of class for an interest. I can relate in that I had a bit of trouble relating to others from my own culture, so I joined a dance class and met a lot of other people which genuinely helped form new connections. 

I think it's really courageous of you to write about your difficulties and pain, and we are all here for you to talk with Smiley Happy

hi @michaelscott34 and welcome to RO 

firstly can i just say well done for reaching out as thats not easy to do and you belong here with us. RO is an awesome place to be where everyone belongs Smiley Happy

both @sweet_baking and @Mayaa99 have asked some good questions here so will wait for your response to these first. 

here listening Heart 

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

deleted

hi @michaelscott34

for a bit of future reference, when your responding to a particular person type in the @ symbol and names will pop u and you can tag the person and we will get a notification saying your 'talking' to us Smiley Happy 

that sounds relaly tough, i can sympathise with you though. 

maybe a helpline could help you sort out your feelings as well. theres kidhelpline (they deal with people up to 25yrs old) and offer weekly sessions as well so its a regular support, and also headspace as well

have you thought about joining up to an interest group? then your sharing your interest with others and making it easier to feel like you fit in

deleted

deleted

you like reading? @michaelscott34

maybe you could check out your library? they might have some readers groups that you could join into? 

@michaelscott34(is that name by any chance related to The Office? That show always makes me laugh!).

I would also check out your local youth centre for clubs (contact your local council/shire for information on the closest one), I volunteered at my local youth centre and I was amazed at all the clubs and activities they have for young people. They had a club/activity for everything and it sounded like a great opportunity to meet people and make friends with similar interests. It's well worth looking into and checking out Smiley Happy

Another idea could be to do a search on Facebook for local groups/clubs in your area if that's more your style Smiley Happy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whatever it takes I know I can make it through!