cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Am i the source of my problems?

@michaelscott34

As much as i hate to say it, its hard to find someone who resonates with these things sometimes. But that doesn't mean you're alone either.

Im so proud of you to hear that you keep trying. You're strong and courageous to do that, especially when i know some days are harder than others.

When you do lose hope, try and remember that you're only 20...you've seen a small bit of the world so far, hopefully there's alot of good things coming your way Smiley Happy

deleted

deleted

deleted

@michaelscott34 I totally understand being interested in things which are a bit unique, and your activities like being into technology and music sounds super cool! And what kind of books, being a huge reader myself, are you into?

@ErinsAntics and @scared01 had some great suggestions of trying local clubs and readings groups, and it was incredibly brave of you to try open up to others by joining clubs in your school. I'm sorry it didn't have the inclusive results you desired, but it was a fantastic step to take Smiley Happy. Since you said you don't do any sports, are there any that you have wanted to try? Or any new skill you want to learn? I ask this as often with beginners activities, people often go to also meet new people and form connections. 

It's really cool that you have the skills to help people in tech, but yes, I understand how frustrating it must feel that once their problem is solved, they disappear. The way that you are online here (and so glad you are enjoying the open environment of RO Smiley Happy ), do you know of any forums or facebook groups which allow tech people to talk and discuss similar interests?

it doesnt have to be through school, you could also try your local library as well @michaelscott34

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**
Highlighted

Always here for you Smiley Happy @michaelscott34

It's hard to go through those things and come out unscathed, but I'd really suggest if you could find an excuse or something to forgive or forget their behaviour (some people dont deserve forgiveness and that is ok too), but you deserve to move on from this, so maybe that could help reduce the angst?  

I know that going through school as the only brown girl, i was so isolated - as i got older, i was able to excuse all that bullying because... at that time, no one around me really knew that racism was a thing and that it even hurts

I understand the difficulty you face, and perhaps try and use this time to make that transformation something you might want for yourself. Transformations are scary, they are a big big big process, but it doesnt have to be negative. Would you consider seeing someone before you feel like that transformation happens? I really would suggest it. (I HATED psychologists, but i gave it a second chance, i dont particularly like the lady i have, but what she suggests and works through, helps). 

Im always here for you! All of us are Smiley Happy So long as you need us, just flick a message. Stay strong and hopeful, you've made it this far and as far as I see it, the world could do with a guy like you Smiley Happy 

deleted

deleted

Hey @michaelscott34 just wanted to let you know that since you're not living in Australia, some of the information we give you or organisations we tell you about might not be entirely relevant to you and where you live since this site is specifically for young people living in Australia Smiley Happy

Could you see a psychologist without telling your parents? It must be difficult not being able to convince them that it would be helpful for you.

// Spiral outward, keep going. //