cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Animal death (verrry personal)

So um, merry christmas to me, my dogs got out and hit by a car this morning. (I need to just talk about, so please don't read if it bothers you. There's no explicit details but it's not a fun topic.)

What a way to wake up, right? 

My beautiful, old girl died, didn't even get to see her (the person who found her moved her away from the road somewhere else) She was eleven and so sweet and shy and a beautiful angel and now she's gone.

And that demon puppy, I joke of course because he's really sweet just annoying Smiley Tongue He couldn't feel his back legs but then he had internal injuries and we had to put him down. He was four. 

And it's not fair. It's not fucking fair that they're both just gone. It was really stormy last night and the gate was blown open and they ran out. And I just... I wish I'd checked on them before I went to bed, when I locked up. All I can think about is how terrible I was and it sucks. It sucks so, so much. 

All day I've been feeling on the brink of tears and it's such a terrible feeling. I tried to order a smoothie this morning and broke down in tears when trying to order. It's improved a little, I can hold a conversation, but it's still there, on the brink. 

I really want christmas to be over, as if that'll make the pain go away, even though it won't. What are you supposed to do when you lose both pets at once? 

(cuddle my cat for one)

But for other? 

I miss them. I miss them so much. And it hurts so much to remember they're gone. And seeing others hurting. I hate it all.  

I'm sorry for being a bummer on a joyful holiday but... yeah. Smiley Sad We've never not had dogs before.

Highlighted

Re: Animal death (verrry personal)

Oh gosh @N1ghtW1ng I'm so so sorry...

If you need anything feel free to tag me. Sending so many hugs

Image result for virtual hugs gifImage result for virtual hugs gif

Image result for virtual hugs gif

Highlighted

Thanks @Tiny_leaf
Highlighted

@N1ghtW1ngI am so sorry to hear about your dogs. You must miss them so much. It is understandable why you'd be feeling horrible at the moment so please don't apologise! How are you going today?

Highlighted

@TOM-RO to be honest, crap. I already have trouble with perception and
reality, so every time I remember, it feels like it just happened all over
again.

I don't like being outside, in our backyard. Because there's no room for
forgetting, or pretending, because they're just not there.

Oh their beds are against the fence now. I just feel empty.
Highlighted

Hey @N1ghtW1ng ,

Again, I am so sorry to read about your dogs.  Losing a pet is so tough; I can't imagine what losing two simultaneously must be like Smiley Sad.  You described it as 'empty', that sounds very accurate. No doubt you're going to being experiencing grief for a while as you'll miss them and be reminded of them all the time.  I can't offer more words of encouragement; just offering my sincere condolences for your loss Heart.  We are all here for you.  

Highlighted

Oh @N1ghtW1ng, that's just awful 😭 I'm so sorry for your loss!

I can empathize, losing a pet is hard. I lost two pets this year, and had similar feelings to you. Especially with my cat, I was haunted by the image of him struggling to breathe in my arms for a long time. I was attacked by thoughts that I somehow caused it. Please, try not to blame yourself! 😢 Your dogs loved having you in their life!

Sending so many hugs! ❤

Highlighted

@N1ghtW1ng I'm so sorry to hear about your doggos Smiley Sad
Sending many big hugs! Heart

It's okay to be feeling all that you are feeling right now.
Here for you Heart

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Highlighted

Oh @N1ghtW1ng I am so sorry for you and your family. Smiley Sad I can tell you loved your dogs so much and I know your dogs loved you so much too Heart

I know there is probably nothing I can do or say to make you feel better at this time, but I just want you to know that I'm thinking of you and your family. It's so awful to lose a pet, let alone two at once. You're right, it is so unfair and you didn't deserve this at all. Heart

giphy

Highlighted

@N1ghtW1ng I am so sorry to hear what happened to your beautiful dogs, my heart hurts for your loss Heart How have you been coping this week? 

I can't begin to imagine how much pain you are feeling right now, we are here for you Heart