cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anorexia

I'm 19 years old, 5'6 and I've been struggling with anorexia since I was 12 and I just can't seem to get through it. I've given up on getting better now, I'm trapped in this hospital, in this bed. I'm that weak that I can barely walk and they've got me connected to all these different machines. I want to get better but I just can't

Re: Anorexia

@lonelyandinsane
I'm sorry your struggling with your anorexia. As someone whose struggled with various EDs for 15 years I can relate.
I was at a place I thought I'd never recover that gaining weight was impossible but over the years with lots of help and support I'm weight restored and functioning in many areas of my life. I've had periods of recovery and relapse but overall I kept moving forward.

From the hospital bed it feels impossible but I there is hope. I don't know you but you sound really strong and brave, you are an amazing person and you deserve to get better. Accept the Dr's and nurses help.

I know it's easy for me to say but try to follow your eating plan, participate in your therapy, take it a meal at a time, figure out your triggers. You've got this.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

Don't give up! You have the support of everyone here! 

Highlighted

Im sorry to hear your experience with anorexia and im sorry to ask but what exactly is it. 

Hi @Chocolatefeather1, thanks for your post. I noticed you've created your own thread, so I will chat over there. Heart