cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anxiety Problems

Hey Guys,

I hope everyone had a great christmas and new years. I was thinking of all of you.

Soo much has happened since my last post, but there is one thing stopping me from going further.

Anxiety. My partner Matt is the loveliest person i have ever met, and im so happy that we are together. However, my anxiety plays up and it feels like its betting worse. Everytime I go out, I feel physically ill. Sometimes I actually throw up in public because I am extremely nervous. I start to even feel sick around Matt. 

Anxiety is destroying me and i feel that it is hurting my relationship with Matt (even though he is very patient). Once again I am pulling my hair out.

Matt is going to teach me to meditate. Hopefully with practice I can control myself again.

I will keep you posted. 

xoxo

Re: Anxiety Problems

Hey @motorhead 

Hope that you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year's too! 

Thank you for the update. Your partner sounds like a very supportive and kind person. It's great that he's been patient during this time and that you're happy with the relationship. Meditation is one of many ways of handling anxiety so that's awesome!

If you feel that the anxiety is hurting your relationship, have you spoken to him about how he's feeling and what his take on it is? This way, you can both gain some perspective from each other and work out a plan. This could be doing a calming activity together (i.e. an afternoon meditation session, going for a run together, etc). 

Keep going and let us know how you go!

Hi @motorhead 

it's great that you can identify anxiety as the thing that's stopping you from moving further in life. Meditation is such a good idea and you're really lucky that your partner is patient and supportive. Meditating together would also help you grow closer and overcome the anxiety as a couple.

Here are some links that might give you further ideas:

http://au.reachout.com/how-to-manage-anxiety

http://au.reachout.com/getting-help-for-anxiety

Good luck!

Nice to see you back, @motorhead.  Happy new year, and good on you for tackling your anxiety. Keep us posted how you are going!

blithe

Hey @motorhead hope you had an awesome christmas and new years.

So happy to hear that everything's going well with you and Matt. It sounds like you guys are working together to help your anxiety and meditation is a great start!

Good luck with everything, hope to hear from you soon Smiley Happy

Hey @motorhead 

Hope you had a great christmas and NY too. 

It's great to hear that your partner Matt is there to support you. I know how much anxiety can suck and meditation is an excellent thing you can do to help you cope. If you get a chance, feel free to check out the other links posted by @Student94 - there's some really great resources on how to manage anxiety and what to do if you're still struggling.

Let us know how you go Smiley Happy