cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Anxiety and intrusive thoughts make it hard to cope

@Lahna no I don't know what triggers them sadly Smiley Sad

The chat last night went really well. He said it was good that I told him and we are going to try catchup after Christmas. I'm going to start using some of the toolbox apps recommended after the little test and use sonevifvtheurvyips to relax. Next step I think is calling my KHL counsellor and seeing if I can find a way to fix the issue.

Thankyou for all of your help Smiley Happy

Hey @KjStormy,

Sounds like you're taking some positive steps towards a healthier you! Well done. 

I'm sure catching up with him will be helpful too. You might be able to open up about what's going on for you. 

Keep us posted with how everything is going. I hope you have a lovely Christmas Smiley Happy

Lahna

Yay! Nice work @KjStormy! I'm thrilled for you, that is a great outcome.

Having an action plan like you do is also ace. Please keep us updated on how you're doing.

Highlighted

*update*

It's been a week and we haven't spoken since that call. His busy and I know that and I really really hate being clingy, but I keep feeling anxious to the point share I feel as though I'm choking and I just co stanly want to cry. I couldn't even enjoy a New Year's Eve party (happy new year guys!) I tried calling kids helpline again but the holding was making me anxious. My anxiety is really high fi Iggy s d I don't k kW what to do, I want to cLl him again but he might have work to Kerrie and I don't want to wake him up. Please somebody help me...

Hey @KjStormy, I'm sorry to hear that your anxiety is peaking right now. I think it's worth trying to call your KHL counsellor again, or at least speaking with them online. While you wait, perhaps you could try using some of the apps you've downloaded or a distraction technique. Teach yourself to knit/crochet/cross-stitch, paint, draw, listen to music, meditate, go for a jog. We have a whole list of coping strategies in this thread too. Do you keep a diary or a journal? That can be a really handy way of getting those anxious thoughts out of your head.