cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Anxiety through the roof

I've been watching this show called 'Good Witch' on netflix and I'm reading 1984 by George Orwell. 

I read 1984 a couple of years ago, definitely an interesting read! Haven't heard of the Good Witch, I'll have to check it out Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Smiley Sad @Bree-RO i have to have special tests done. A colonoscopy and some other test that i have to get put to sleep for and my dr wants me to see a dietitian and thinks i may have an eating disorder. Great :/ 

hi @mspaceK

they do scound pretty scary but what makes it worse is the words they use for them.

have they explained to you what these tests are?

im not a medical professional but i have studied some of this so if its any help please ask what you need to as well just bearing in mind that your gp is the best person to ask.

a dietician is pretty standard procedure, a lot of people get refferred to one including for weightloss, weight gain, eating disorders, special diets for certain conditions. all sorts of reasons. try to think of it as another support person for you.

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

thanks @scared01. it's just alot to take in and with everything that has been happening lately it feels overwhelming to even have to think about this stuff. just feels like another problem even though this has been an ongoing problem for as long as i can remember. i'm just scared about what the tests will come back with. Smiley Sad 

i understand @mspaceK im going through the same thing. endless appointments etc but chances are they will only have to do these tests once and youll have your answers.

are you able to tell us or comfortable to tell us what these tests are for? what they are testing for?

I have trouble eating. I get stomach pains all the time and don't have normal bowel movements so to say. There's a bit more icky details that goes along with that and pain that I don't really want to delve into too much which I have had for several years. Doctors say I have IBS which is made worse from my anxiety and for as long as a I can remember I have had a negative association with food. I don't really eat much but i'm always hungry and it's worse when im anxious I hardly eat at all. when I was younger I never ate at all. I collapsed at the doctors when I was 10 years old and was told that if I didn't eat that I would die. And I never know what to eat and I feel sick pretty much almost with anything that I eat whether it is a headache, stomach pain, diarrhea or constipation or whatever. it just doesn't like me and I don't like it. I can't remember the last time I went to the toilet like a normal human being. i'm also lactose and fructose intolerant and don't really like to eat meat so i'm just blerhhh. i have no idea what to do with this stuff and it freaks me out. they are testing for celiac/chrohns disease and/or some kind of bowel problem. But i'm also having to see dietitian to get meal plan to see if any of that helps. :/ it's so complicated. 

as scary as it is @mspaceK your brave your going ahead with it all. if it is one of these things then these are treated through the right diet which is another reason your gp has refferred you to a dietician.

it is all complicated but i did see somewhere your looking forward to a game? or tv series?

so for now try not to worry about it and just enjoy the days as best you can and only worry when its time to cross that bridge Heart

thanks @scared01. yeah i'm going to my sport game now and then coming home to watch the latest episode of game of thrones so i'm pumped for this. Smiley Happy just going to try and put the other stuff out of my mind right now. 

that @mspaceK is a very good idea

i havent watched game of thrones yet but apparently its really good!